The VETCON Alliance is pleased to announce the inaugural Veterans in Business Awards. The mission of the VIB awards is to recognize Service Disabled Veteran Owned Businesses that have exhibited exemplary achievements in areas of patriotism, leadership, community service, business activity, and more.
The VETCON Alliance will review nominations and select five SDVOBs to receive a Veterans in Business Award at VETCON 2021 in Albany, NY on Tuesday, November 31st and Wednesday, December 1st at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.
- Complete rules and guidelines for both the nomination and awarding process will be announced shortly.
- Patriot Warrior Award – Without question, all owners of SDVOBs have exhibited patriotism through their service to their country while in uniform. The Patriot Award is designed to recognize the SDVOB that has continued to exhibit patriotism to their country, to veterans, and to Active and Reserve service members after trading their uniform for civilian attire
- High Speed, Low Drag (“HSLD”) Award – We all remember that service member who managed to lead by example and was quickly promoted ahead of his peers. Maybe you know an SDVOB that has had similar success? The HSLD Award is designed to recognize an SDVOB that has manage to quickly break through the red tape and has been able to quickly achieve a level of success that had set them apart from their peers.
- Community Service Award – As service members, it was ingrained in us to look out for the members of the community we were assigned to protect. Some service members have carried this selflessness into their civilian lives after transitioning out of the military. The Community Service Award is designed to recognize the SDVOB that has continued to give back to their community regardless of whether the contribution is directed toward veterans.
- Veteran Employment Award – A service member always takes care of the battle buddies to the left and right. Some continue to take care of their battle buddies well after transitioning to a civilian career. The Veteran Employment Award is designed to recognize a veteran friendly company that has taken steps to employ veterans in their community.
- Top Gun – In the military, the Top Gun Award is often earned by the crew that shot the highest score during gunnery and the qualification of their assigned weapon system. We want to recognize the SDVOB that has managed to zero their sites and hit a high number of contracts in their civilian capacity. The Top Gun Award will be awarded to the nominee that has done the most business and earned the most contracts since becoming certified.