For 2019, we are pleased to again host the VETCON Business Plan Competition, which will give three aspiring or recently-formed veteran business owners the opportunity to pitch their plans to a panel of judges. At stake are in-kind legal services and other exciting business resources. Following the presentations, the panel will award first, second and third place prizes to the finalists.
Participants have until October 11, 2019 to submit their applications and executive summaries to be considered for this year’s competition.
To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Current business name or anticipated name if pre-startup
- Name of owners and branches of service
- Copies of discharge papers (DD Form 214)
- An executive summary (in 12-point font, 15 pt. spacing and not in excess of four pages) addressing:
- Elevator Pitch – product/service name and category, problem you are solving, proposed solution and why customers will pay you for the benefits
- Team description
- Industry/market/competitive analysis
- Growth plan – why your team and business idea are uniquely qualified to capture the opportunity, and how
- Financial plan – historical financials (if any), annual forecast for three years and expected use of funding prizes
Rules are as follows:
- At least one presenting team member must be a veteran.
- The veteran ownership in the business (or contemplated ownership, if pre-startup) must be real, substantial and continuing.
- The veteran ownership must have independent authority to control the day-to-day business decisions.
- Business is in pre-startup phase, or has been in operation for three years or less.
- At least one presenting team member must be available to present on Wednesday, November 20th, at VETCON.